Energy and Natural Resources
Our clients in the energy sector include gas and electricity distribution companies, oil and gas producers, wind turbine manufacturers, wind and solar power producers, bio-fuel producers, large end-users, project developers, and energy markets advisory firms. In the mining sector, we advise mining companies, other industry participants (such as contractors and service providers), and investors in mining projects.
Our work in the energy and natural resources sectors includes the following:
• Regulatory advice to electricity generators.
• Matters relating to the supply, transmission, distribution and trading of electricity.
• Development, construction, operation and maintenance of generation plants and other electricity assets
• Sale and purchase of companies and electricity assets.
• Negotiation of supply, tolling, turnkey, operation and maintenance contracts.
• Advice to financial entities and developers on project finance for the construction, operation and acquisition of electricity assets.
Oil and Gas
• Concessions and permits for the exploration, production, transportation and distribution of hydrocarbons.
• Advice on regulatory matters of the upstream and downstream businesses, including highly regulated natural gas utilities.
• Advice on contracts, including joint operating agreements and long term natural gas supply contracts.
• Sale and purchase of companies and assets of E&P firms and utilities.
• Financing of companies and projects.
• Regulatory advice to project developers, lenders and operators of renewable energy projects (cogeneration, wind, solar, biogas and biomass).
• Due diligence of projects for developers, investors and lenders.
• Financing of renewable energy projects.
• Sale and purchase of projects and companies with generation assets.
• Permitting, including investigation and exploration permits and exploitation concessions.
• Protection of mining rights.
• Contracts in general, including joint ventures and option, lease and exploration agreements.
• Environmental impact assessment related to mining projects and activities.
• Legal audits of mining assets and legal opinions on mining issues.
• Sale, purchase and financing of mining projects and companies.
• Civil, commercial, administrative and criminal proceedings related to mining environmental issues and enforcement of security interests on tenements.