Mergers & Acquisitions
Our M&A practice has significant expertise in mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, spin-offs, divestitures, buy-outs, strategic alliances and joint ventures, and other domestic and cross-border transactions.
Our lawyers work closely with management on all aspects of each M&A transaction and provide value-added services that are guided by the client’s commercial objectives and take into account the strategic, financial and commercial aspects of the transaction.
Representative M&A transactions:
Public target transactions
• We represented Ternium in its US$2.7 billion acquisition of a co-controlling stake in Usiminas, Brazil’s largest steelmaker, and in the subsequent acquisition of additional Usiminas shares.
• We acted as counsel for Ternium and its controlling shareholder in their acquisition of Ternium shares in connection with a US$677 million secondary public offering of Ternium ADSs.
• We assisted Tenaris in connection with a US$ 758.5 million delisting tender offer for Brazilian steel manufacturer Confab.
• We advised Ternium in its US$ 3.2 billion acquisition of Mexican steel producer Grupo Imsa.
• We assisted Tenaris in connection with its US$ 2.1 billion acquisition of Hydril, a leading U.S. manufacturer of premium connections and pressure control products for oil and gas drilling production.
• We represented Tenaris in its US$ 3.2 billion acquisition of Maverick Tube Corporation, a U.S. steel pipe manufacturer.
Private target transactions
• We represented Alpek in connection with its acquisition of BASF´s expandable polystyrene business in Argentina.
• We advised Elanco Animal Health in its acquisition of Novartis’ animal health business in Argentina.
• We represented Brenntag in its acquisition of Gafor’s chemical business.
• We assisted Tenaris in the acquisition of Shawcor’s participation in Socotherm Brazil.
• We assisted DAK Americas, a producer of PET resins, in the acquisition of CabelmaPET, a PET recycling operation.
• We represented E.ON in the sale of its participation in Argentine gas distributors Distribuidora de Gas del Centro and Distribuidora de Gas Cuyana to a consortium of Argentine investors.
• We represented shipping company Maersk in the sale of its controlling interest in South America Trucking.
• We advised Mitsui in connection with its acquisition of a 30% stake in Gestamp Automoción.
• We acted as counsel to Sandoz in the sale of its Argentine pharmaceutical manufacturing business to Asofarma.
• We assisted Silcotub in connection with its acquisition of sucker rod assets in Romania.
• We advised Mr. Hein Deprez in connection with the acquisition of a 70% stake in Univeg Fruit and Vegetables.
• We represented GEFCO in the acquisition of a 70% stake of Grupo Mercurio.
• We assisted Ternium in the acquisition of a 54% participation in Ferrasa, a Colombian long and flat steel products processor and distributor.
• We advised Whitney International University System in its acquisition of a higher education institution in Argentina.
• We represented Tenaris in the acquisition of a 40% interest of Pipe Coaters Nigeria, a leading company in the Nigerian pipe coating industry, and the negotiation of the related joint venture agreements.
• We represented Ternium in the sale of Venezuelan steel company Sidor as a result of its expropriation by the Venezuelan government.
• We advised Tenaris in the acquisition of a controlling stake in PT Seamless Pipe Indonesia Jaya.
• We assisted Ternium in the sale of four U.S. steel businesses to BlueScope Steel.
• We represented Tenaris in the sale of its pressure control business to General Electric.
• We acted as Nahuelsat’s counsel in connection with the transfer of satellite communication assets in Argentina to Ar-Sat
Joint Venture transactions
• We represented Tenaris, Ternium and Tecpetrol in connection with the negotiation and establishment of a joint venture for the construction and operation of a self-generating power plant in Mexico.
• We assisted AEI Services in a joint development of renewable energy projects with Pattern.
• We represented Tenaris in connection with a long term joint strategic alliance with AB Sandvik Materials for the distribution of stainless steel products.
• We advised Tenaris in the formation of a steel pipe coating joint venture with Socotherm in Brazil.
• We assisted Tenaris in the formation of NKK Tubes, a joint venture with JFE for the operation of seamless pipe manufacturing facility in Japan.
- Astolfi, Siro
- Cedrone, Gustavo
- Fernández Madero, Nicolás
- Krüger, Cristian
- Martínez, Julio R.
- Melhem, Mariela Inés
- Mitrani, Cristian J. P.
- Parise, Diego E.
- Rodríguez Giavarini, Mercedes
- Ruiz Moreno, Horacio J.
- Soma, Juan Ignacio
- Sureda, Aixa
- Terrel, María Paula
- Trogolo Eliçabe, Carlos L.
- Zárate, Verónica